Sunday 22 July 2012

Rain, rain, and even more rain

After my stay at Poppyland I went in direction of the north coast of East Anglia. The landscape reminds a lot of some parts of Denmark. Along the coast samphire, the "asparagus of the poor men", is sold, I know it from Italy, but it's not known in Germany.
All the houses along the coast are built of flintstones.
I reached Morston and the very sweet and familiar camp site of Ned Hamond, also the cheapest one on my tour. Ned Hamond is creating some woodwork, copparwork, chandeliers and other things. His works and the works of other artists of the Norfolk area can be viewed on this link.








As I arrived at the site it stopped raining, the next day was dry so I made a walk around in the Morston Marshes.












A special greeting goes to James and Joe from Kent, thanks for the nice evening guys, even if it worked out to be late :)

No comments:

Post a Comment