Thursday 19 June 2014

Syd Barrett, Pt2


Here are some songs written by Barrett as he still was part of Pink Floyd and some from his second record. I love Effervescing Elephant :)

Syd Barrett - Bob Dylan Blues
Syd Barrett - Matilda Mother
Syd Barrett - Effervescing Elephant
Syd Barrett - Waving My Arms In The Air

Barrett´s music and position within Pink Floyd has occupied my mind for some days by now.
It has been interesting to watch the videos on youtube where the other members of Pink Floyd explains how they saw Barrett. I started with the interview of David Gilmour. Here he talks about the situation of Pink Floyd in 1966/67:
"Every other day was in the studio. I think Nick kept a, sort of a, his own,  before thay made the wonderful Sasco year planners, I think Nick made his own type of year planner which, which er, had recording dates in one colour, gig dates in another and promotion things in another during, um er, he had one of those on his wall for 66 and 67 and there just wasn't a day, there wasn't a spare day anywhere. It was just relentless."

After this video I watched the interviews in which Roger Waters, Nick Mason and Rick Wright talks about Syd Barrett.
Personally I think that the ambitions to get rich and famous didn´t fit to the creativity of Barrett - he must have felt big pressure.
And I do believe that Gilmour and Wright were true friends who were very fond of him.

This site was quite interesting for me to read as well, espcially the Sleeve Notes By Mark Paytress. 

2 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU_aCH41-0U This is a nice song of Syd's its called "Chapter 24"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah - I like that as well :) thanky Blue!

      Delete