Wednesday 24 April 2013

West Mersea

The screams of Common Tern and Oystercatcher woke me up in the morning, I packed my stuff, realised that i had put up my tent in a nature´s reserve, and went in direction of West Mersea, which is the main settlement on Mersea Island. A small town but with at least 4 camp sites. In the harbour are shops selling oyster from oyster beds dating back to the Roman era.
It was a sunny Sunday and loads of people were sitting outside eating and drinking.






 













Most fascinating for me were these old boats, some of them obviusly used as house boats nowadays, lying in the mud and sand.











































I ended up on a camp site that night, had indian curry and a pint of shandy in the restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment