Friday 14 March 2014

Mutter - Oh Mutter



Siouxsie And The Benshees - Mother Oh Mein Papa


The word you learn to love (The disapproval that you hate)
That's Mother (From Mother)
They teach you to respect... (Makes you always want to please)
Mother (Mother)

The one who keeps you warm (The one who keeps you warm)
And shelters you from harm (And shelters you from harm)
Watch out she'll stunt your mind (She'll open up your mind)
'Til you emulate her kind (To make you good and make you kind)
Is that Mother? (Mother)

Downstairs I don't know (Downstairs I don't know)
If it's the springs in her bed (Why I feel safe in my bed)
Or her joints I hear (When I know I'm alone)
Creaking overhead (She must be watching overhead)
Mother (Mother)

She'll twist the words you speak (She'll kiss and say goodbye)
If she thinks you're near escape (If you want to go away)
Mother (Mother)
So she clutches at her brood (So she gathers up her brood)
And sits across its face (And smiles into their face)
She sucks up all its energy (She beams down vital energy)
And smothers their last breath (She gave us our first breath)
Oh Mother (Mother)

The thing you grow to hate (The love you won't forget)

2 comments:

  1. http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/mutter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://gdb.voanews.com/B984B0E3-4385-4884-8463-D657E0531FA4_mw1024_n_s.jpg

      Delete