Sunday 7 July 2013

Liverpool - Rainy Days

It rained in Liverpool for two days.
On the first day of rain I went to The Museum of Liverpool which is to recommend. I stayed for 6 hours but didn´t see the half of what they collected. In the evening I went to the Cavern Club where I sang along with all the other tourists :)
On the second day I stayed in bed, either I had been eating something bad or it is the english water, I had the runs again.
I have to thank my landlady, she checked how I felt, went to the pharmacy and bought me some bananas as I started to feel better.
Anyhow, here is a small collection of what I saw in the museum, pics from the Cavern Club and some wet streets from my way back in the evening.

Wikipedia:
The Liverpool Overhead Railway opened in 1893 with lightweight electric multiple units in the Liverpool Docks.
The railway was the world's first electric elevated railway and the first to use automatic signalling and electric signal lights. It was a local railway, it was not nationalised in 1948. However in 1955 a report into the structure of the viaduct showed major repairs were needed that the company could not afford. The railway closed at the end of 1956 and the structure dismantled the following year.



Of course the museum had a loads of Beatles memorabilia :)







I was in the right mood for singing after that and stayed for 5 hours in the Cavern :)








No comments:

Post a Comment